Tuesday, March 29, 2011

This, That, The Other...

I finished painting the walls in my sewing room, so all I have to do now is set-up! The paint I picked looks perfect in there and it's SO me! The color is called "Rose Heartstring" and is some variation of the "in" color of pink right now (which means it matches my Old-Navy flip-flops, a pair of my pajama pants, and one of my tee shirts, haha!). As soon as I get it at least somewhat set-up, I will take a picture and show everyone what I am working with!

In other news, I tried my luck and auditioned for a musical at the community theater here in town. Obviously, I am not a great singer and I didn't get a part, but my husband got the part of Barfee in the musical "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee." I got asked to help with costumes, which is unfortunately mostly regular every day clothes, so won't even require my sewing skill. All that will require is my time and effort going to thrift stores. They also asked me to stage manage, and I am still not sure why, as I have never done it before and I have no clue whatsoever how that works or what it requires. So, all in all I will probably require more teaching and attention than the actors themselves.

And all that being said, I hope I have something much more interesting for you folks tomorrow. I'm going to sit down with a glass of Riesling and contemplate the meaning of life. (Really original, I know...)

No comments:

Post a Comment