Sunday, August 28, 2011

Long Day & New Progress!

As some of you may or may not know, I have significantly changed my eating habits and have been getting my cardio on! I started with a weight of about 196 (on July 16th) and as of today I weigh a miraculous 174.6! That averages out to a little over 3 and a half pounds a week! :)
For those of you looking for some motivation in the matter, check into the following:
"Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" - a documentary sharing the benefits of juicing, featuring the weight loss/health developing journey of two men sharing the same rare (seemingly incurable) disease.


"Food Matters" - a documentary sharing the benefits of raw fruits and veggies, including information on super foods and the history of modern medicine and its role in nutrition and general overall health.


"Food Inc." - a documentary that shares the dangers of fast food and processed super market foods. Shows the reality behind many mass meat producers and what goes into many of our foods.


"Heavy" - a reality series that outlines the dangers of obesity and shows inspiring transformation in people dealing with very severe and debilitating obesity, over-eating disorders, and food addictions.


All of these have been very motivational and inspirational for the journey I've been on and have made this venture to lose weight and be healthy different from any other time I have done so. I've learned now all the right things to do and that it is a lifestyle change that has to be made if I want my body to change for life! In the last month I have felt volumes better than what I used to, my energy has boosted quite a bit, and I have also been enlightened about what I should be feeding my children everyday to help them live happy healthy lives!

Today I went to the Y and I busted some serious tail. I have pretty much stayed in my comfort zone for the last couple weeks and I decided it's time to kick it up a notch. I love the feeling of accomplishment when I challenge myself and make progress!

What is your favorite machine at the gym? I love the elliptical trainer and the stationary bikes! The treadmill is not yet a good friend of mine! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment