Monday, March 28, 2011

My Own Sewing Room!

So, for almost 7 months, I have had my sewing area set up in our living room. It had once been in a spare room which became the nursery 7.5 months ago, and when the babies came I couldn't sew in there because they slept virtually all day in the nursery and I didn't want to wake them.

My 3 year old bonus son, Chapin, has been sleeping in an office/foyer area in the house ever since he was a baby. The room is between the hallway to the rest of the house and our living room, so every time we go to the living room, it requires walking through his bed room. It can be frustrating trying to tip-toe while he's napping or after he's gone to bed for the night, but we never really knew how else he could room. This was until we finally realized the room the twins were in was more than big enough for all three of the younger kiddos.

I think we had overlooked the idea of all 3 in the same room for so long because when we first discussed room options the babies weren't born yet, and after about 2 months they suprisingly started sleeping through the night consistently. So, we decided a few days ago to move Chapin into the nursery with Voisie and Owen. This means I get Chapin's old room for my very own sewing room!!!! I just started painting today and will hopefully be finished today or tomorrow.

Finally I will have sufficient space and seclusion for my sewing needs! It's a very exciting thing for me. For those who have sewing rooms: what are the must haves? Any tips on organization and set-up?

No comments:

Post a Comment