Saturday, March 26, 2011

Spring Fair 2011

The Spring Fair is happening this weekend at our local fairgrounds, and I got a chance to go down and check it out! I was really excited to see a friend of mine as a vendor this year for her first time, sharing a booth with a couple of friends. I took the time as an opportunity to chat with a few of the vendors, including my friend and her boothmates, about their crafts and experience at the fair. I had a great time looking at all the unique crafts and listening to the live music!

Precious hand-made stick ponies.


















Super classy hand crafted earrings and feather hair accessories.




















My friend Karen and her friends Joyanna, Melinda, and Aubry had a booth with stick ponies, feather hair accessories, and earrings. Everything at the booth was quality and unique, and I bought a feather hair clip for myself. Their display was also well executed and looked classy and hip! Karen is working on starting an Etsy shop for her jewelry and accessories, and Joyanna has an Etsy where she sells her stick ponies as well as other fun things for children! Joyanna's Etsy shop can be found at nickmaxmama.etsy.com.

Painted stick candle holders.

Painted stick "furniture" pin-cushions.



































I was really intrigued by a booth run by a woman who made all sorts of things out of just sticks. I asked her "how did you do this?" she said "I just grab any old stick and make them!" She had things made from sticks of various shapes and sizes, including minature furniture with pin-cushion seats, candlesticks, and magic wands with the stars on top. I was really impressed with the creativity and uniqueness. She didn't have a website, and she said this was her first time doing a craft show! Very cool!

Scented gelly candles.

Shelf of various scents of gel candles.



































I spoke for a while with Tim, who had a booth with gel candles made primarily of mineral oil. There were a lot of different scents, including one called "Dirty Hippie" and another called "Butt Naked," which I couldn't help but purchase for myself. It's green and smells like a clean, someone-just-showered bathroom. He'd done tons of shows, and said he did over 40 craft shows last year. His "Gelicious Candles" can be found at www.fragrantgelcandles.com.

It was really cool to see what other people were crafting and talk to people about their trade and business. I'm hoping it won't be long before I get myself into one of the local craft fairs for the first time!

Feather hair-clip purchased from Karen's booth. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment