Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Growing and Changing

I'd apologize for the lack of updates in the last week and a half, but I don't think I have anyone to apologize to, so I'm not sorry!

The 11th was my little brother's birthday. He is the youngest of my three siblings and he turned 14. I used to help change his diapers and babysit him, and it's truly strange to me that he has a teenager mustache and armpit hair, but for the most part he's a good kid, so I will take credit for being the most amazing and perfect role model of an older sister... As I roll my eyes at myself.
My brother is in the middle with his new XBOX360 Slim. My mom made the cake on the table. 
you can't really see the cake well in the above picture, but my mom made a cake to look like his new XBox - She told him she couldn't get him a real one so she made the cake instead. He was excited when he found out she'd fooled him.
A better picture of the Xbox cake my mom made.
Then Monday (yesterday) I responded to an ad on Craigslist and got myself a job doing some in home babysitting full time. Outside of Etsy, this will be my first "job" since having the babies. I haven't worked outside my home for a year. The awesome part about this gig is I will be able to bring my babies with me and they will get to play with another 9 month old baby 5 days a week! I'm really excited and hopeful that this will be a good thing for me!

And speaking of my darling little babies, they turned 8 months old yesterday! Every month we take a new photo of them in the same glider-rocker so that we can compare and see how they've grown. They are so big compared to when they were just a month old. And my son, Owen, broke his first tooth yesterday as well! Well, it may have been before but I discovered it yesterday. It's amazing to see the world around me grow and change.
My sweet little twinlets at 8 months old!
I didn't get any replies here in regards to what cause or charity everyone would like to see me support in the month of May! I'm still taking ideas - I will make my final decision at the end of April! Until next time...

2 comments:

  1. St. Judes :) Because we've been blessed with happy healthy babies and I couldn't imagine going through what the people who use St. Judes have to go through.

    https://shop.stjude.org/GiftCatalog/donation.do?cID=13522&pID=18290&fnl=FaceWthDrop

    <3 you Jen. And I DO read you blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. March of Dimes :) Call me partial. I've been volunteering with them for 3 years now. They're a charity that researches, advocates for, educates and also offers services around premature babies :D.

    ReplyDelete