Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Weekend!

So this will be the first Easter for the twins, and I am excited! Unfortunately our older two will be with their mom most of Easter Sunday, but we'll have them in the morning for baskets which will be nice! And we'll probably get them for Easter next year. I'm still not sure what our Easter plans are, exactly, but they will probably involve going to either my mom's house or my grandma's (or both?). We've got baskets for everyone (even the babies, regardless of the fact that they don't get it and won't have a clue what's going on) and it's kind of funny to me the difference between the Easter baskets I used to get and the ones we made for the kids.

When I was younger I used to get ridiculously awesome amounts of candy (and I ate it too!) and usually an outfit and stuffed animal. Later the outfit and stuffed animal turned to a couple of CD's, but still lots of candy! The strange thing is this: our kids don't eat that much candy! It's probably because they're always limited, but they don't even expect to or ask to eat a whole lot of candy, and really we try to make sure it stays that way because it's much healthier for their teeth and general health probably if they don't eat 40 pieces of candy in a day. My mom must have just been used to us being hyper and wild, so maybe it didn't never phased her when we were loaded on sugar, but these kids go crazy if they have more than just a little! So, their baskets consist of just a couple of candies, will have a couple of jelly bean filled plastic eggs, and each kid is getting a DVD. I forgot what else. I think we got a stuffed animal for each twin and I know we got a magazine for Bethany. I'm not sure if we got something else for Chapin and if so what is is... Guess I better get them together tonight to make sure everything is even and we have what we need!

What are your Easter plans? Any long-standing traditions? What kind of baskets are your kids getting this year? Happy Easter, everyone!

These are some of the cutest and most elegant Easter eggs! Wonder if they're real? Found at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/butterflysha/129107480/

No comments:

Post a Comment