Thursday, May 12, 2011

What's Up With Scentsy??

I'm starting to think I am not a normal woman. It seems like all my girl friends, and girl not-so-friends even, are all caught up in this Scentsy thing. It's a giant fad right now, and I'm not sure I can understand why it's such a big deal. First of all, sure, I like things that smell pretty. I use candles now and then, and I've sprayed smell pretty sprays in the house before. But though the scent of the candles is a plus, I usually use them more for the ambiance that the lighting creates. And though the scent of smell pretty sprays and air fresheners are dandy any time, I usually only pull them out after someone's been in the bathroom too long, or something out of the ordinary threw the smell of my usual every day smell of the house.

I think if I were to have or go to a Scentsy party, personally, I would spend more time at the party enjoying the smells of the samples than I would at home enjoying the smells of the actual product, assuming I'd be willing to drop stacks on some chunks of wax in the first place. More than likely, they're going to end up in a cupboard, never used. Second most likely scenario: the burner with previously melted wax remains is going to be on the shelf, covered in dust and paperwork. The few places in my house that aren't busy collecting mail, books, old schoolwork, and trash are those which will likely result in turning my babies into wax figurines, if you know what I mean.
A spice scented Scentsy set.
But all that aside, I'm not sure why everyone is so into this whole Scentsy thing, period! It's like they've never burned a candle before! And for those who say that it's like a candle but the lack of a wic eliminates the smell of a burning wic, and the smoky aftersmell when blown out - that's why I own a candle warming plate. I can still buy my inexpensive, perfectly permeating candles at a department store, set them on a hot plate for that purpose, and accomplish the same thing, right?

Spill it ladies, are there pheremones in these little blocks of wax, or what? I expect a few comments here, because I know there have to be several of you readers who are caught up in this whole thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment